The Latest Celebrity News & Showbiz Gossip
Sunday 15th December 2019

Inquest hears Steve Dymond 'feared repercussions' after Jeremy Kyle Show

63 year old took his own life a week after filming

An inquest into the death of Jeremy Kyle Show guest Steve Dymond has revealed that the 63 year old was "concerned about the repercussions of the show".

Steve took his own life a week after appearing on the show, during which it's understood he failed a lie detector test following his split from on/off fiancée Jane Callaghan.

After a 14-year run, The Jeremy Kyle Show was taken off air and cancelled indefinitely following the tragedy.

The Jeremy Kyle Show was taken off air after a 14-year run (Credit: ITV)

Now, DS Marcus Mills of Hampshire Police has told the inquest about the circumstances surrounding Dymond's passing.

Read more: Josie Gibson takes her mohawk-sporting son to his first festival

Speaking at the inquest at Portsmouth Coroner's Court, Mills revealed that the construction worker had moved into a new flat in February after being "kicked out" of the home he shared with Jane "following allegations he had been cheating".

He became concerned about the repercussions of the show and the rumours that had started as a result.

He added that Dymond had told the flat's owners – Michelle and Sam – that he was planning a TV appearance to "get everything sorted".

Viewers are keen for the show to return to our screens (Credit: ITV)

"Steven had also mentioned they were going to go on The Jeremy Kyle Show for a lie detector test to get everything sorted," the police officer revealed. "Steven told Michelle that things didn't go well on the show."

He added: "He became angry when talking about Jane. He became concerned about the repercussions of the show and the rumours that had started as a result."

Read more: Dianne Buswell denies she's pregnant with Joe Sugg's baby

With the hearing lasting just 15 minutes, and with no family or friends of Dymond in attendance, Mills also opened up about the "suspected suicide".

He said: "There were no signs of foul play from any other parties. This was a suspected suicide."

He added: "He was known to have issues with his knee, which he was on medication for."

Fans have started a petition to bring the show back (Credit: Change.org)

The hearing is awaiting details of a post mortem and has been adjourned until November 21.

In the meantime, as Ent Daily reported, fans of the show have started a petition aimed at convincing ITV bosses to bring it back to our screens.

Let us know what you think of our story over on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix.