The Latest Celebrity News & Showbiz Gossip

Saturday 21st October 2017

Kate and Gerry McCann hit back at vile Marco Pierre White Jr abuse

Tirade came from nowhere

The parents of Madeline McCann have hit back at Marco Pierre White Junior after he launched a torrent of abuse during a foul-mouthed Twitter rant.

“Kate and Gerry McCann are guilty [foul language deleted] definitely killed there [sic] daughter,” wrote the reality TV star, who also claimed they’d made money out of their daughter’s 'death'.

The couple’s spokesman Clarence Mitchell said “any right minded person will see his totally ignorant abuse for what it is".

Kate and Gerry will not be dignifying his foul-mouthed abuse with any other comment.

He continued: “Kate and Gerry will not be dignifying his foul-mouthed abuse with any other comment.”

After seeing Clarence’s statement, Marco took to Twitter again. “You make me sick,” he wrote. “They sold the story for money wowowowowowioe.”

A source apparently close to ex-GP Kate, 49, and heart doctor Gerry, 48, told The Sun: “He comes across as a complete and utter idiot.”

Referring to Marco’s famous chef dad, the source added: “His father must be appalled by his behaviour."

The couple are bracing themselves for the 10th anniversary of their daughter’s disappearance.

Three-year-old Madeleine vanished from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in May 2007, while her parents were eating dinner with friends at a nearby restaurant.

Their rep Mitchell has also been forced to deny claims that Kate and Gerry are being paid to give interviews.

“They want to make it clear that they are not making any money out of Madeleine’s disappearance. Any claims are spurious nonsense, but fit in with the Portuguese agenda.

“Kate and Gerry have not decided on any media interviews surrounding the anniversary yet but if any deal is done it will be extremely limited and no payment will be involved.”

Last week it was revealed that the Home Office has set aside a further £85,000 to help with the investigation into Madeline’s disappearance.

The grant, requested by the Metropolitan Police, will give them six months, between April and September, to continue their search for the little girl.

This week, American profiler Pat Brown caused more heartache for the couple when she claimed “Madeleine is dead”, adding that “an abduction was extremely unlikely.”

She said: “It’s my belief the body was moved to a desolate location and will never be found.”

Watch today's video round-up